Sometimes an employer is faced with a situation that calls for a workplace investigation. For example, where an employee complains of bullying and harassment or there is reason to believe that an employee has stolen company property, or engaged in some other kind of serious misconduct.
While some employers choose to resolve such situations using internal resources, it is often wise to hire an independent third party Vancouver workplace investigation lawyer to conduct an investigation. In any event, it is necessary to act as quickly as possible.
Call: 604-816- 8577 | email@example.com
Why hire an experienced outside workplace investigator?
Workplace investigations are often complex and challenging and the stakes are very high. Because careers and reputations are at stake, if the investigation is not conducted properly, it can make matters worse and possibly result in litigation. When you hire an experienced independent investigator, the risks associated with a poorly conducted investigation are minimized.
- The use of an outside investigator eliminates bias.
- As a neutral third party, an outside investigator will treat all parties fairly and impartially.
- A neutral third party encourages people to engage fully and more openly in the investigation process.
- An independent investigator is able to help the employer identify and respond to issues in a timely way
- Using an outside investigator reduces the risk of a successful lawsuit.
Heather Hettiarachchi, workplace lawyer and mediator, has over 15 years of experience in conducting workplace investigations in both union and non-union environments. When you engage Heather’s services to conduct a workplace investigation, she will provide you with effective and timely investigation services, which comprises the following process:
- Discussion with you, of the issue or issues to be investigated and planning of the investigation
- Interviews of all relevant parties and a review of all relevant evidence
- A comprehensive final investigation report summarizing her findings
- Recommendations on how to address the issues that are identified through the investigative process
- We will discuss the issue or issues to be investigated and plan the investigation
- We will interview all relevant parties and review all relevant evidence, including written correspondence, photos, etc.
- We will provide a comprehensive final investigation report summarizing our findings
- If you have requested recommendations, we will provide recommendations on how to address the issues that are identified through the investigative process
Heather’s experience in conducting workplace investigation includes investigating:
- Bullying, harassment and discrimination
- Sensitive matters involving senior employees and executives
- Matters with serious financial implications
- Hostile work environments
- Sexual harassment
- Policy breaches
- Workplace health and safety incidents
Other info: Vancouver Employment Lawyer
Integritas Workplace Law Corporation is a virtual law office focused on providing practical, timely, and innovative advice for building and maintaining successful workplaces. Our services include:
- Employment Law
- Labour Law
- Human Rights
- Workplace Investigations
- Workplace Mediation
- Human resources support
- Training and Coaching
Phone: +1 604-816-8577